UPI 123Pay is a Suite of solutions developed for Non Smart phone / feature phone users to use the UPI without internet connectivity
No, you do not require a smartphone for a UPI Payment using UPI 123PAY.
Internet is not required for making payments through Feature Phone.
While registration of your account with UPI 123PAY, you have to setup a 4-6 digit UPI PIN. Customer have to enter UPI PIN every time he makes the transactions.
Note: If the customer already has a UPI PIN, they can use same UPI PIN.
UUPI PIN is a 4-6 digit pass code you create/set during first time registration with the Mobile App/IVR/any other channel. You have to enter this UPI-PIN to authorize all bank transactions. (Note: Banks issued MPIN is different from the UPI UPI-PIN) Note: Please do not share your UPI-PIN with anyone.
If customer enter wrong UPI PIN, transaction will fail and you have to start the process again. In case customer enter wrong UPI PIN multiple times, bank will temporarily block sending money using UPI form his Bank Account
Follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Customer has to call on the IVR number 2. Select the language by clicking on the number that refers to the language 3. Choose to register your bank account 4. Customer has to enter debit card details 5. Customer has to enter UPI PIN
Yes, you can change or reset your UPI PIN for UPI 123PAY. Below are the steps to change or reset your UPI PIN for UPI 123PAY:
1. Customer has to call on the IVR number 2. Go to settings (Manage your account) 3. Click on the number that refers to update UPI PIN 4. Then you are required to enter your current UPI PIN and then enter your new UPI PIN twice 5. Your UPI PIN has been changed successfully
IVR is one of the methods to make UPI transactions through feature phones.
You will dial a number from your feature phone/smartphone and hear voice menu for various services. Select service you want to use, validate the beneficiary and enter UPI PIN for a successful transaction.
Yes, customer can select languages from a list of languages provided to them while using UPI 123PAY. The below mentioned languages are supported on UPI 123 PAY:
1. ENGLISH 2. HINDI 3. KANNADA 4. TAMIL 5. BENAGLI 6. MALAYALAM 7. Telugu
More languages will be added soon
You can do feature phone payment currently in English, Hindi & Kannada
MISS CALL PAY allows customer to make transactions by just giving a miss call to a number.
Then the customer will get a call back (this call will be from a specific number) immediately where it will mention the name of beneficiary and ask you enter your amount followed by UPI PIN. Payment will be successful on entering correct UPI PIN
You can do payments in feature phone with and without app:
1.With App: - Some feature phone/handsets will have apps installed by mobile phone manufacturer where you can do payments without using internet. You just need to register yourself on the feature phone app and start doing payments easily. 2. Without app: - You can do payments from any feature phone while using IVR, miss-call pay, etc.
Customer can send money to any user using UPI 123PAY.
SIM Overlay is microchip which is to be placed between Sim and phone. Once we stick this on sim card, after that you will be able to see an app on your feature phone through which you can do UPI payments from it.
You can use the functionalities which are mentioned below:
1.Multilingual 2.Linking of bank accounts 3.Set UPI PIN 4.Reset UPI PIN 5.Merchant Payments 6.Settings 7.Deregistration
Yes, your UPI ID will be created and customer will receive a SMS for the same.
No, you can make payments from your mobile number which is linked to your Bank account.
Yes, your money is safe by using 123PAY on feature phone. As NPCI we care for your money and while using UPI your money is safe. But to make it more secure we request never share your UPI PIN and OTP to anyone else.
You can raise a complaint with your bank directly.
Per transaction limit is INR 5000 on UPI 123PAY
Per day transactions limit is INR 1,00,000.
In case of failures money will be refunded back to your account. Sometimes this takes longer than intended. If you do not receive the refund within 1 hour, please contact customer support at your bank.
Follow the below steps for the change of language:
1. Customer has to call on the IVR number (List of the number is available on the website) 2. Click on the number that refers to Manage your account 3. Click on the number that refers to change language 4. Select the number for the assigned language 5. Your language has been changed
Follow the below steps to disable UPI 123PAY:
1. Customer has to call on the IVR number (List of the number is available on the website) 2. Go to settings (Manage your account) 3. Click on the number that refers to disable 4. Select the number 5. You have successfully disabled UPI 123PAY
No, debit card details are required to activate UPI.
No need to enter UPI ID for payment through 123PAY. Customer can enter mobile number and system will automatically map the UPI ID.
No, debit card details are required to activate UPI, this will ensure secure pass
No, currently you cannot create UPI PIN from Aadhaar card. We will be providing Aadhaar functionality soon.
Follow the below steps to link bank account with UPI 123PAY:
1. Call on any IVR number 2. Select your language 3. Choose to register your bank account 4. Enter your debit card details 5. Set UPI PIN 6. Bank accounted successfully linked with UPI 123PAY
No, receiving number must be registered on UPI.
No, multiple bank accounts cannot be linked on UPI 123PAY.
If the customer wants to add another account, then they must deregister the current bank account and then add the another bank account.
Yes, Customer can delink bank account with UPI 123PAY.
No, there are no charges for transactions under UPI 123PAY.
1. Payment through IVR Number Using this solution customer can use UPI services by calling to a predefined number. Select the option via keypad and avail the services of UPI.
2. Payment through Missed Call Using this solution customer can make transactions by calling on a number displayed on the merchant’s side, post which the customer will receive a call from a specified number to authenticate the transaction by entering UPI PIN. After the UPI PIN is entered correctly the transaction is successful.
3. Payment through functionality implemented by OEM Using this solution customer can have a app of UPI on their feature phone. Using that app, the customer can make transactions.
4. Payment through sound based technologies Using this solution customer has to call on the IVR number and choose pay to merchant option. They tap their mobile phone on merchant device (POD), and press # once the POD emits the unique tone; then he enters the amount and UPI PIN to make a successful transaction.
UPI 123PAY: UPI 123PAY is a payment system mainly for non-smart phone/feature phone user by which they can make payment using UPI (Unified Payment Interface) without Internet in a safe and secure manner.
IVR Payment: A method used in UPI 123PAY to make payments by calling to a specified number for a specific service.
Feature Phone: Phones typically having press-button based inputs and a small non-touch display.
MISS Call Pay: A method used in UPI 123PAY to make payments by calling on a number displayed at the merchant’s end, after this the customer gets a call back and the payment is successful after entering amount and UPI PIN.