Say ‘Hello’ to simplified payments with Hello! UPI
About Hello! UPI
For making any UPI payments, the user needs to use the smartphone interface for accessing various features of UPI. The user navigates the UPI App by touching the screen on the required sections for completing payments. User experience can be made easy and simple where users can navigate inside the UPI App in regional Indian languages using voice. Also, users can make payments on telecom calls by conversing in one’s language.
Benefits of Hello! UPI in India
- Facilitating payments in Indian regional languages
- Expanding payment accessibility to the majority of Indians who are conversant with their mother tongue language
- Accessible on smartphones, feature phones and IoT devices
- Beneficial for in-app smart navigation, sr. citizens, digitally illiterate and visually impaired
General Process flow
Key features of Hello! UPI:
Below are the broad points which shall be applicable in addition to the existing UPI Product Guidelines
- Hello! UPI will be enabled on telecom calls, UPI Apps and IoT devices
- Hello! UPI on telecom Calls and IoT devices can be enabled through Server Side Common Library (SSCL) at NPCI. Existing UPI 123Pay is also enabled on SSCL. All the guidelines and controls of SSCL will be extended here.
- Hello! UPI in UPI App is an additional process to be enabled in UPI App to make the user experience easy and simple. All the existing UPI functionalities in the UPI App remain the same including entering of UPI PIN in Common Library (CL).
Whitepaper: Hello! UPI - Conversational Payments on UPI: Unlocking a new frontier for next-generation payments. Click Here to read the same.
Banks live with this feature:
Apps live with this feature: